Worthwhile Paper is looking to hire a new part time studio assistant to help with packaging and finishing products, pulling and pre-packing wholesale orders, and assisting Kristen with various daily tasks in her home studio. This position is perfect for someone who loves hand made items that are meant to bring positivity into the world, appreciates and notices small details, and has an interest in spending time in a unique atmosphere of an independently owned creative business. Read below for details on the position and how to apply.
We would love to have someone on our team who:
• enjoys working with their hands
• has an eye for detail and good craft
• has an interest in our products and mission
• is dependable and trustworthy
• is a quick learner and takes pride in their work
• has a generally positive attitude
• is available during the day (between the hours of 10-5) on week days
• has reliable transportation to Kristen's house in Ypsilanti, Michigan
• likes cats (or is at least not allergic to cats!)
Specialty interests welcomed include the following but are NOT required:
• experience with Etsy and Shopify
• experience with Mail Chimp
• experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• experience with DSLR photography
• experience with pinterest (specifically for brands) and blogging
• interest in attending live events alongside Kristen such as craft fairs
• packaging cards, prints and note books
• pulling and pre-packing wholesale orders
• keeping an eye on inventory
Additional responsibilities (depending on interest and experience):
• content building for social media and blog
• pinterest building for marketing
• content building for monthly newsletters
• invoicing and guided responses to email inquiries
Perks of the job:
• getting a glimpse into running a small product and design based business
• being surrounded by fun and energizing screen printed paper goods
• working hard but having fun at the same time
• basically an unlimited supply of tea/coffee
• discounts on our products. yay!
• a focused, yet relaxed and supportive environment <3
This is a part time position (1-2 days a week) with a $10-$12 hourly rate, based on experience, with opportunity for raises and bonuses. This is not a design position or opportunity to design new products with us! This position includes an opportunity to take some work home in addition to working here and will be discussed further during an interview.
Does this sound like you'd be a perfect fit?
1. your experience/resume
2. your availability
3. a short paragraph explaining why you would be a great addition to our team
4. your favorite kind of house plant :)
Failure to meet the above basic application requirements will result in your application not being considered. Applications close Tuesday, 9/27.